Monday, January 21, 2013

A Greater Foundation


A Greater Foundation

Week 3

1 Corinthians 3:11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ”

 

Listening to a song tonight, some words jumped out in the song and punched me in the face.

“Sometimes we have to watch our whole lives fall apart,
before we can rebuild them again,
a greater foundation.”

As you can probably tell by the lyrics I’ve struggled a little bit this week, I think the pressure of no work and money coming in, has hit home.

I’m still standing strong that God will provide, but I just need more faith I suppose.

This week I have done a lot of refection, and thought a lot of things that I have caused in the last few years. Most not pretty and I have hurt a lot of people with my actions.

Sitting and waiting on the Lord tonight, I was reminded that I would blog good and bad times.

So here I go.

The words of this song mean a lot to me, and upon reflecting on what has happened over recent years, I know I’m slowly building a true foundation, one of Christ. And like all construction, if you try and rush it you will make mistakes, and you can’t expect it all to go smoothly. Sometimes there will be set backs, and sometimes you can feel that you have built nothing new. So at this time I’m feeling like I have not built much, and I’m rushing too much to try and see the end product.

I mean I know deep in my heart that God wants to use me, and will do big things this year, I just have wanted to know what he wants.

I remember sitting in church on Sunday really trying to focus on the sermon, thinking what was God going to teach me today. I think I struggled so hard to try and listen to what he wanted, I ended up having a meltdown (one of the biggest I have ever had), at that stage I just prayed to God to free me from my autism. I was at the point of tears by the end of the service, feeling as though I had a huge void between myself and God. I could no longer feel his presence as I usually do.

So as I move into this week I’m still feeling a little flat, but knowing that Christ is helping rebuild my life one brick at a time on a greater foundation.

So I will leave you all with my promise:

“As we face distress we must not lose heart. We must stand fast and press on, as
triumph awaits.”

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment